What is Surface Water?
Broadly speaking, surface water is water on the surface of the earth (so, yes, Sydney Harbour is “surface water”), as opposed to subterranean water.
When we are talking about surface water drainage, we are, for the most part, talking about draining rain water away from impermeable surfaces, channelling water into sewers or to seep into the soil where safe and appropriate.
While mostly from rain, surface water may come from cleaning (industrial cleaning, such as hosing out a factory, or even washing your car at home), showering (yes, shower drains are a form of surface water drainage), or overflow (or over-splash in the case of pools).
Surface water drainage systems are used in a vast number of settings in Sydney and surrounding suburbs, such as driveways, foot paths, roads (storm water drains are a surface water drainage product), in public and domestic spaces.
Auswave Products: Sydney’s Premium Surface Water Drainage Systems Supplier
This innovative drain system consists of premium stainless steel drain sections that simply click together, creating an easy to assemble surface water drain system. It is convenience that does not compromise on quality or functionality.
Advantages of CLICK DRAIN ®:
- Easily customised – Available in a variety of lengths, with 45 and 90 degree angle pieces as stock items, you can likely get what you need straight off the shelf. If not, never mind, we can supply fully customised solutions also – see custom grates.
- Light weight – compared to traditional products constructed of concrete or polymer, our grates are relatively light – again assisting in ease of assembly.
- Durable – stainless steel is a long lasting, low maintenance material that is corrosion resistant.
- Aesthetically Pleasing – Our stainless steel surface water grates offer a functional, yet attractive feature.
- Heel Safe and Slip resistant – check out our pages on HEELGUARD grating to find out more!
- Australian Made
Surface Water Drainage for a Variety of Settings
Given how broad the definition of surface water is, you would think that a broad variety of products would be required. While this may be true for other products and materials, our stainless steel grates can be used just about anywhere that surface water drainage is required – indoor, outdoor, where large volume of water drainage is required, where there is heavy pedestrian traffic, vehicular traffic, heat, cold, salts, and chemicals.
All these factors contribute to CLICK DRAIN ® being used in a number of Sydney locations:
- Shopping Centres
- Foot Paths
- Transport Terminals
- Swimming Pools
- Commercial Car Washes.
- Driveways and Carparks
- Rooftops (see more on our Roof Drains page)
Additionally, our modular grates can be used with a variety of flooring surfaces, for example tiles, pavers, cement, aggregate and so on. Our modular drainage systems creates a seamless finish that is right at home in any environment!
If you are in (or around) Sydney and looking for as easy to assemble and quality surface water drainage solution, CLICK DRAIN ® is the product for you! Find out more!